New Dog - Jessie T. Wolf
Cute plushie. :)
Gawd... it's like you're going further and further away. What's next? China? :(
Good luck, whatever happens.
i already miss you. And now wow who knows when ill see you next. I just want ya happy is all take care hun
|Date:||September 1st, 2007 05:25 pm (UTC)|| |
We won't be there forever, hon... it's only until the job is done (which I think is about 8 months or so...) or until Tim is actually able to get funding to finish making Kaze. Then we are planning on moving back to BC (we have to move back to Canada anyway... Tim's almost done going through his Canadian Immigration process).
Battlestar is not giving Tim enough work, and this Video Game company in England has been trying to hire him for quite a while now, so he finally said yes, after turning them down once already. They will be giving him a job as animation supervisor, so he will be one of the head guys in charge and making a good amount of money for us. They may even give me a Jr. job doing compositing, texture map painting, or animation. Who knows.
I'm not really all that keen on moving again, but right now we have to go where we can make money, so that we can keep on paying the bills. I won't be gone forever, Lex... in fact, I should be at MFF this year,(it's the last year they'll be holding it at that hotel) and I will be visiting Toronto again, at the very least to visit my Mom, in the future. :-P
I do find it odd that so many furs from Toronto are moving to BC now, though. First Raptor, then me, and now Pat the Fox. Pat said that Blue wanted to move out here as well, at one point, but I don't know if she's still got plans to move to the U.S. or not.
|Date:||September 1st, 2007 05:11 pm (UTC)|| |
I know... -__- I kinda wish that we would just stay put, in a lot of ways... but since Tim can't depend on anymore work from Battlestar, (they said they *might* have some work for him in October...) and we need to be making money so that we can keep on paying the bills, he needs to go where the money is. He got a job offer in England (and these guys have been nagging at him since before I moved out here, even) for a Video Game company, and they want to make him Animation Supervisor. He's thrilled about landing a job where he'll actually be one of the top guys in charge of running the place, where his opinion will be respected (they dicked him around so much at BSG, it was driving him crazy). So I kinda have to tag along. They said that they may even be able to find a Jr. position for me... maybe Jr. Compositing, or painting texture maps or something.
We won't be staying there forever, though. It'll either be us just working there until the job is done (I think it's like 8 months, or so... which will honestly go by quickly... I've already been here 6 months, and it doesn't really feel like it's been that long!) and then we're moving back to BC. Or, if Tim gets funding for Kaze, then we're moving right back to BC to work on his film. Either way, we should be back in BC within the next year.
And don't forget that when we DO finally get funding for Kaze, you still have a job here with us doing Compositing/Background painting/Lighting/Animation, if you'd like. Please DO let me know if you're still interested, because we can still set up practice times for Fusion. But because of our move, the test will probably be put on hold for now. I would continue practicing the Fusion courseware though, if I were you, just so that you're ready for the test when Tim does throw it at you. You don't REALLY need my help to just watch the rest of the videos on your own, and do the practice exercises.
For you guys, I'll keep at the Fusion stuff... maybe I'll know what I'm doing with it by the time you guys come back.
With all the moving (especially to Britan), I guess it's just as well you're dog-less right now eh? Lord knows you won't want to have to put a dog through all those months of quarantine if the move isn't perminant.